Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

4 mins. and 52 seconds

that's where I'm at right now...

I've hit cruise control and have been sailing with Frank the Barber. Feels goooood.

I've learned this: get your audio bed taken care of first. Then cut the image to it. I don't think I can do otherwise. This has worked for me for the past several doc projects I've put together. Once the real story is being told, the images naturally fall into place.

Works for me. That'll be my mantra from here on out. Voiceover leads, image follows. Cart before the horse...

Still, there's much to do and redo. But I can feel that this is really going to be special. Frank tells a great story and his humor is contagious. But there are some moments where he gets really quiet and thoughtful as well. Those are wonderful tid-bits, too. I'm sure to include many of them.

Shooting for no more than 30 minutes in the end. Trying my best to be as editorial as possible up front. If it feels clunky, it goes.

Well, that's about it for today. A GOOD day even though I had a bunch of errands to run. More tomorrow. Hopefully a lot more.

Stay tuned...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?